SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
For our goals, like many other companies, we orient ourselves on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) drawn up by the UN. Based on these 18 action points, we will work on refining our objectives and creating feasible step-by-step plans. In doing so, we will focus on our strengths and activities that are directly related to NoyNuts. Because where our expertise lies, we can make the most progress.
Sustainable development goals we can contribute to:
#2: Zero Hunger
NoyNuts wants to make an active contribution to making the agricultural sector more sustainable. We want to know exactly where our products come from and which raw materials are used for cultivation.
To this end, we plan to work on a number of action points in the coming years:
- 1 – Achieve Fairtrade and Nutri-Score labels A and B for the majority of our products.
- 2 – Working together and investing in foundations that make the agricultural sector in the field of nut cultivation more sustainable and help farmers to innovate their companies.
- 3 – Working closely with Armenian farmers who grow our nuts and other products and closely support these suppliers financially, technologically and educationally.
- 4 – Food Waste
a – Supplying well-portioned snacks in foil that keeps fresh for extra long, gas-packed, so that our products can be eaten for as long as possible without compromising shelf life.
b – Experiments with resealable, recyclable packaging film for extra shelf life.
c – Collaborations with entrepreneurs, apps and meal boxes such as Boerschappen and Zustainabox which prevent food waste and animate a conscious lifestyle.
#2: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
This point is closely linked to our vision and mission as a company. We want to motivate people in an educational, humorous way to get the best out of themselves with the help of our products – healthier, fitter, more plant-based, more environmentally friendly – your good resolutions are just a snack away. In addition, with our products we support the global transition to a plant-based, healthy diet.
- 1 – Provide comprehensive information about our products, nutrients, and what they do to your health. Spreading awareness for different diets, fables, facts and trivia about a healthy lifestyle.
- 2 – Creating, cooking and sharing inclusive, healthy recipes on our blog in which we take into account different dietary requirements (e.g. PCOS, gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, low-carbohydrate, high-protein) so that everyone benefits from our products.
- 3 – Lowering the barriers to a healthy lifestyle (costs, shelf life, preparation time) by offering products that are easy to transport, have a long shelf life, are easy, fast, tasty and healthy at the same time.
- 4 – Partnerships with health authorities to promote transparency in the food industry and combat misleading information and claims.
#8 & #12: Decent work and economic growth // Responsible consumption and production
As a company, we believe in inclusive and sustainable economic growth that benefits everyone involved in the process. We have set ourselves the goal of making the snack industry and the nut and dried fruit trade more sustainable. That is why we are busy every day devising solutions for, among other things, packaging, product life cycle, cultivation and harvest, purchasing, logistics and shipping and energy consumption.
- Energy: In order to be part of the green energy transition, we plan to start producing and packaging in an energy-neutral way. This is done, for example, by installing solar panels on our office building for power generation.
- Packaging: We strive to offer our product in packaging that is as sustainable as possible. For us, this means finding a balance between shelf life and least harmful packaging material. We closely follow developments in the field of food packaging in order to find the best possible solution. At the moment this is PP/PET.
- Transport en logistiek: We aim to partner with sustainable transport companies in the future and, where possible, enable CO2-neutral delivery (or compensation).
- Cultivation and harvest: Our goal for this point is fair agreements with our suppliers and farmers, and close collaborations in innovation and technology to make the process of growing and harvesting more sustainable. For this we may need to apply for and use quality marks.
- Product life cycles: We care about what our product leaves behind, be it ecologically or the effects on the body. That’s why we take responsibility for our product life cycle and make sure that our packaging does not unduly burden the environment, but also that our products are not wasted.
We also approach our customers based on our conviction that we must give back to nature for everything it gives us. We are aware that together we can make a big difference and to do this, we need to work together with our network in areas such as recycling, logistics and food waste. We maintain a transparent dialogue with customers and communicate our goals, our activities, but also our shortcomings. This is important for an open and honest discussion about expectations and requirements.